Thursday, April 23, 2009

biannual

Warning: This entry is rated PG.


Biannual makes me think of Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale, which reminds me of Intimissimi in Venice, Italy.


I arrived in Venice with every intention of seeing the history, museums, cathedrals, and general culture of this famous little island, but when I strolled down the narrow pathways between boutiques, I saw a few cafés and many, many modern clothing and accessory shops. That's when I saw it. Glowing with bright, white light and speckled with beautiful little garments--some in rainbow colors, some shiny like silver and gold, all delicate and perfectly detailed--was Intimissimi.


It was the most amazing undergarment store I've ever seen.


Now everyone wears undergarments, so don't misunderstand me. This wasn't just lingerie, no this was everything you would ever want to make your clothes fit better, hide those annoying undie lines, tuck what needs tucked, lift what needs lifted, smooth what needs smoothed, and avoid the pinching, chaffing, and wrinkling of cheap imitations. What was so remarkable is that all of these perfectly functional and some quite sturdy garments were still so pretty!


Of course they had some things that were not quite so functional and sturdy, too. Hey, it's Italy!


I've been waiting for an Intimissimi to open up in Northwest Arkansas ever since, but I won't hold my breath. At least we've got Victoria's Secret biannual sale!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty panties. :P

    This reminds me of something I read yesterday... this is the post.

    http://jezebel.com/5229606/eye-of-a-needle

    The name of the product (you'll have to go to the site) makes me giggle and also throw up in my mouth a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAH Nice correlation :)
    My roommate got back from Venice this summer and she told me about this fancy undergarment store that she saw. She said that it had perhaps the most expensive underwear ever BUT that it all looked soooo incredibly necessary ahahaha Whats even better, she said that the designer/brand was just like my name PAOLA.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... just curious, but I'm assuming that their undergarments are exclusively for the ladies, am I correct?=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at PG :).
    I would be quite interested in seeing this store, simply because I can't imagine there are that many different kinds of undergarments with so many different functions.
    If Victoria's Secret is our closest comparison, what would be a French one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. To Nicole, I love that one of the tags on that post is "life changing inventions".

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would never get a store like that here in Fort Smith. They are not ready for that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Farte, I don't recall seeing men's undies at Intimissimi.

    Jacquelynn, I believe they do have Intimissimi in Paris, I just hadn't discovered it until I got to Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't tell my daughters about this!

    ReplyDelete